The Platform presently has 13 member organisations that contribute differently to the strengths of the platform.
SEATINI – The Southern and Eastern African Trade, Information and Negotiations Institute (SEATINI) is a regional non-governmental Organization founded in 1996 soon after the WTO Singapore Ministerial Conference, after realising that Africa in particular and Third World countries in general were marginalised in the WTO negotiations and other global processes.
Econews Africa -.EcoNews Africa is a non-governmental organization that analyzes global environment and development issues from an African perspective and reports on local, national and regional activities that contribute to global solutions. Its mission is to enhance the role of East Africa’s NGOs and community-based organizations to influence policy-making on issues of sustainable development, particularly environment, trade and information.
The Institute for Social Accountability
-The Institute for Social Accountability (TISA) is a civil society initiative committed towards the achievement of sound policy and good governance in local development in Kenya, to uplift livelihoods of, especially, the poor and marginalized. TISA has been operational since March 2008, and is a locally registered trust. We were previously known as the CDF Accountability Project.
– Oxfam is a global movement of people who share the belief that, in a world rich in resources, poverty isn’t inevitable. It’s an injustice which can, and must, be overcome. Oxfam is working with communities and partners towards a world without poverty.
– Katiba Institute (KI) was established to promote the understanding and implementation of Kenya’s new Constitution. KI endeavours to enhance the implementation and the realization of the objects of the constitution through research, constitutional education, constitutional litigation and encouraging public participation.
Kenya Land Alliance
– The Kenya Land Alliance (KLA) is a not-for-profit and non-partisan umbrella network of Civil Society Organizations and Individuals committed to effective advocacy for the reform of policies and laws governing land in Kenya. KLA was founded in 1999 and registered as a Trust in 2001.
Peace Pen Communications – PPC is a change-oriented, media media-focused organization aimed at enhancing a pro-active media culture that strives to restore and sustain peace & stability in areas of (potential) conflict through media.
PPC’s focus is to harness peaceful co-existence, social justice and build resilient communities through inculcating professional accountability and responsibility by media.
Friends of Lake Turkana
– Friends of Lake Turkana (FoLT), is a grassroots organization founded in 2009 whose mission is to foster social, economic and environmental justice in the Lake Turkana Basin.
Transparency International Kenya
– Transparency International is a non-governmental organization dedicated to increasing government accountability and curbing both international and national corruption.
International Institute for Legislative Affairs
– The International Institute for Legislative Affairs (ILA) is a not for profit organisation that brings together Christian professionals and students from tertiary institutions in Kenya. ILA offers technical support to government departments, Members of Parliament and other stakeholders in the legislative process in terms of research, drafting of legislation and lobbying. ILA also engages in public education and awareness campaigns to educate the public on proposed and current legislation.
Kenya Human Rights Commission
– The Kenya Human Rights Commission (KHRC) was founded in 1991 and registered in Kenya in 1994 as a national non-governmental organization (NGO). Throughout its existence, the core agenda for the Commission has been campaigning for the entrenchment of a human rights and democratic culture in Kenya. Its founders and staff are among the foremost leaders and activists in struggles for human rights and democratic reforms in Kenya. KHRC works at community level with human rights networks (HURINETS) across Kenya and links community, national and international human rights concerns.